5-5-2020. The Executive Council (ExeCon) of the Mountain Province State Polytechnic College, presided by Dr. Christie Lynne C. Codod, Executive Dean of the Bontoc campus, had a meeting yesterday, May 4, to tackle important concerns in relation to the resumption of classes for the 2nd semester of AY 2019-2020 and to the upcoming 1st semester of AY 2020-2021. The salient information/agenda that were tackled in the meeting include the following, for the information of students and all concerned:
- The packaging of the learning modules/packets shall be completed on May 6, 2020 (Wednesday)
- The distribution of the learning materials/packets to the students will take place on May 7 to May 9, 2020. The deadline of submission of all requirements will be on July 24,2020 to provide all students leeway to work on their learning materials amid the Covid-19 crisis. MPSPC Coordinators will be designated to facilitate the distribution of these materials. Details of this will be posted in a separate advisory containing the details and specific instructions.
- The enrolment for 2nd years to 4th & 5th years for the 1st semester of AY 2020-2021 will be from the 1st week of June to the end of July 2020. Enrolment for freshmen will be from August 3-15, 2020.
- Department Chairpersons shall report to the College on an alternate schedule to comprise the skeletal force between May 4 to May 15, 2020. Faculty members are not required to report except for exigency of their services.
- Faculty members, through the Department Chairperson, are encouraged to prepare for the possibility of blended and flexible learning for the 1st semester, AY 2020-2010 onwards because of the unpredictable nature of the pandemic.
Earlier today, Dr. Emily Ann B. Marrero had a meeting with the Deans of the College to discuss updates in relation to the consequences and implications of the Covid-19 pandemic to the academic activities of the College
- With the College Management’s decision to avoid mass promotion of students, faculty members will use a modified grading system for the current semester as basis for assigning students’ grades: 1/3 will be from the Prelims period grade, 1/3 from the class standing of the Midterms, and 1/3 from the final requirements through the learning modules/packets to be distributed
- In relation to the National Budget Circular (NBC) No. 580 re Adoption of Economy Measures in the Government due to the Emergency Health Situation dated April 22, 2020, the College will not hold any sports and cultural activities effective immediately. In addition, travels, trainings, and seminars for faculty members and the non-teaching staff will be restricted.
The members of the ExeCon who attended the meeting were the 9 Department Chairpersons of the academic programs in the Bontoc campus.