The resource generation sector positions itself to put the productive and income generating capacity of the College as competitive and duty-bound so as to impact on the financial position of the College. In particular, the goals it aims to achieve are:
- Maximize productivity and efficiency in the income generating projects that should push income to optimum levels.
- Produce income that shall sufficiently provide the needs of the College that shall reduce if not eliminate dependence from government subsidy.
- Establish a mechanism to provide source of funding for Personnel Services (PS) such as job contracts, salary differential of designated Vice Presidents, commutable Representation and Travel Allowances (RATA) of VPRGL and its Directors, and other personnel services; Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) and Capital Outlay (CO), which cannot be accommodated and or those that are restricted from charges to the General Fund (GAA) and the Regular Income appropriations.
- Strengthen further the trilogy functions of instruction, research and extension through more responsive entrepreneurial ventures.
- Create a culture of entrepreneurship among the MPSPC constituents by providing them means and avenues to produce and market their products.
- Showcase applied technologies that shall influence and touch the lives of more people, giving priority to locally developed internally generated technologies.
- Establish a social laboratory for MPSPC students.
General Objective – The RESOURCE GENERATION AND LINKAGES to pave the way for income generation through pump-priming approach that feeds on innovation and cost effective practices.
Specific Objectives – In particular, the Resource Generation and Linkages Office aims:
- Advance the realization of a proposed profit-oriented projects expected to generate financial resources needed to augment the general fund of the College;
- Encourage the creation and proliferation of income generating activities in the different units and departments in the College enticed by the profit-sharing schemes;
- Centralize and put in place mechanisms to regulate the sale of merchandize bearing the name of the College for the protection of the integrity of such. These loose ventures are currently in the hands of the different academic departments; and,
- Provide employment opportunities for the students and graduates of the College with the potentials.
- Quality products and services toward generating more income and patronage especially in the food and accommodation services.
- Utilization of projects for practicum work of students and extension clients on management and application of learned concepts as well as technologies generated and for research.
- Capital investments and expansion of projects for maximum economic impact.
- Financing new income-generating projects that have substantial economic potential especially among the academic units.
- Participation of departments as cooperators in College projects and in the marketing of their products.